Visit Heritage Hills Resort in the summer, and you'll get to enjoy some of the best golf that York, PA has to offer. But what is a popular golf course to do in the winter when fresh snow covers the fairways and greens? Turn into a snow-tubing park, of course! Every winter, Heritage Hills Resort turns into York's marquee destination for family fun, and the adults always have just as much fun sliding down the slopes as the kids. At the end of an exciting day, you can even recharge in the clubhouse with dinner, drinks, and beautiful views of snow-covered Heritage Hills Resort.
The Best Way to Spend a Winter Day in York, PA
The start of the snow-tubing season depends on the weather, but you rarely have to wait deep into the season for Heritage Hills Resort to become a winter wonderland. During the snowy season, the resort is open for snow-tubing every day from 10am to 10pm weather permitting. Tubing is just the start of your fund when you visit Heritage Hills.
- The AvalancheXpress snow-tubing hill includes up to eight lanes with fast, fun conditions and more than enough room to keep things moving quickly. Kids are welcome, and the resort has special rates for children four and under.
- Purchasing a tubing day-pass also gives you the option of stopping in the clubhouse for lunch and the food here is fantastic. You won't have any trouble building up an appetite after a morning of adventure.
- There are plenty of other fun activities at Heritage Hills in the winter. The ice skating rink is always a favorite for both open skates and hockey tournaments. The Outdoor Classic Youth Hockey Tournaments are as fun for the kids as they are for the crowd.
- Black Rhino Laser Tag is always a unique experience, with realistic, tactical missions that make it a fun team activity. This is the next generation of laser tag, and it's designed to be a fully immersive experience.
- Looking for a little rest and relaxation, instead? Just head over to the on-site Serenity Day Spa and Salon, where you can enjoy a massage, facial, or an afternoon at the salon with expert stylists. And it wouldn't be a day at the spa without a proper pedicure.
- There are tons of places to grab a bite around the resort, depending on your mood. Stop by the lodge for a tasty sit-down lunch, or Bogey Macaw's American Grille for a kid-friendly setting that features plenty of activities. The luxurious Oak restaurant is perfect for a date night, or a formal dinner with friends.
- Kids really do love visiting Heritage Hills and AvalancheXpress, so this is also an excellent place to schedule a birthday party with a healthy dose of winter fun. Just don't be surprised if your kids want to turn it into a yearly tradition.
- Looking to live a bit closer to the action at Heritage Hills? We don't blame you! York, PA homes for sale are a great option for families, and anyone who wants a fun, historic place to call home.
Heritage Hills offers something for every member of the family, kind of like the city of York itself. Our REALTORS® in York are here to help you find the perfect home in the city to call your own. Contact BHHS Homesale Realty's York office to buy and sell homes in York, PA.