Saturday Fun in York PA
Saturdays are traditionally "THE" night to go out and have a special night, gather with friends, or find new things to do in your local community. Whether you're a long-time York, PA resident or a newcomer to the area, here is our list of favorite things to do on Saturday from our teams of REALTORS® in our Cinema Drive, Dallastown, East York, Gettysburg, Hanover, Shrewsbury and West York real estate offices.
York, PA is a foodie town. Restaurants play a huge role in the local community. York is filled with eclectic cuisine, and there are many restaurants to try, both old and new. Some of the popular spots include:
- The Left Bank Restaurant & Bar – This restaurant provides an upscale bistro vibe and one-of-a-kind New American dishes. Chef David Albright makes memorable meals perfect for special occasions.
- Coomb's Tavern - Coomb's Tavern gives off a cozy family atmosphere while serving up the best prime ribs in town. It's excellent for a more casual scene and an extensive drink selection.
- BrewVino – BrewVino's mission is to become the neighborhood gathering place. They create delicious hand-crafted pizza and have a wide variety of beer and wines to choose from.
- The Front Porch Cafe – This York eatery has been a longtime favorite for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The eclectic fresh choices are optimal for a couples night out.
- Victor's – Victor's is a casual fine-dining restaurant located in a converted church. Victor's has been included in the "Best of York" for several years in a row. If you're looking for a laidback evening out with impeccable food and service, Victor's is a great choice.
York's Music and Nightlife
At night, York comes alive with music, dance, and cocktails. There are a variety places that cater to many different tastes. Some resident favorites are:
- Granfalloons Tavern – Irish pubs are notorious for their boisterous atmospheres and flowing Guinness. Granfalloons is no exception. Enjoy a historic space and energetic vibe your next Saturday night out.
- LUX Night Lounge & Cigar Bar – People like this classy bar that provides a great ambience. The talented bartenders make it a worthy nightspot.
- Strand-Capitol – This performance center has an excellent lineup of concerts, comedy, and other entertaining events. Keep an eye on the calendar to see what's happening each Saturday night.
Some of the smaller spots to see live music and local talent are The Shop at the New Grounds Roasting Company, First Capitol Dispensing Center, Holy Hound Taproom, and The Depot.
Art and Culture in York
Keep an eye out for different art openings and events on Saturday evenings in York, PA. The Art Institute of York, HIVE Artspace, King's Courtyard Art Collective, YorkArts Gallery, and several other places host rotating exhibits and an innovative, lively arts community.
Theater and Dance in York
York has a rich cultural scene that promotes dance and theater. The main venues in town to see Broadway musicals, award-winning plays, family theater, and more are DreamWrights Youth & Family Theatre, The Pullo Center, Waldner Performing Arts Center, and York Little Theatre.
Buying a Home in York, PA
Whether it's Saturday night or any other day of the week, York, PA offers its residents a wide variety of things to do. It's a dynamic city full of culture, art, music, and more. There is an adventure for everyone, and Saturday is a great night to discover something new.
If you're interested in making York, PA your home, browse our listings of homes for sale in York or contact our team of BHHS Homesale Realty REALTORS® in York. They can make your dreams of finding a home in York, PA a reality.