Originally settled as a resting place between a local flour mill and Baltimore, Catonsville MD eventually became a place of leisure for the wealthy families of Baltimore. As transportation to and from Baltimore became easier with automobiles, Catonsville MD became a year-round place to live for families of all types. Many of the Victorian and Colonial summer homes that were built in the 1800s still stand today.
Today, Catonsville MD is a bustling community, and was recently declared to be "Music City, Maryland" for the large number of musical venues and facilities in the area. With so much to do and see in the city, having a great place to rest and enjoy a delicious meal is essential. The locals love the Catonsville Gourmet for its impeccably fresh seafood, carefully prepared meals, and gourmet products.
For the absolute freshest seafood and finely prepared meals in a relaxed atmosphere, the Catonsville Gourmet truly delivers. Fresh meats include Angus beef, veal, duck, lamb and game along with the day's freshest seafood catches. Sit down and enjoy a leisurely meal or take home a selection of chef-prepared items to finish at home and impress your guests.
• Enjoy a variety of selections from the Raw Oyster Bar from zesty traditional to single oyster shooters. Seasoned clams and steamed mussels are served along with crab claw and fresh shrimp. Or choose from delectable selections in the Sushi bar including a California style Chesapeake roll with lump crabmeat and even a vegetarian roll prepared with vegetables and hachi seasonings.
• Several fresh seafood appetizers are available along with many soups including French onion, seafood gumbo, and Maryland crab soup and an impressive collection of fresh salads.
• From shrimp to tuna to turkey and veggies, the sandwich selection at the Catonsville Gourmet offers quick yet tasty choices for all diners.
• The entree selection is full of favorites like traditional crab cakes and New York strip steak, a fresh Bouillabaisse, and a dozen different seafood preparations.
• Enjoy cozy teas or hot coffee along with a variety of sodas and chilled beverages. Or BYOB for a $5 corkage fee.
Host your next party at the Catonsville Gourmet, or have an impeccably fresh platter of oysters, crabmeat, shrimp or lobster provided to make your event a delicious success.
The Catonsville Gourmet is located at 829 Frederick Road, in the heart of Historic Catonsville MD. They are open Monday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 9:00 p.m. For more information or to make a reservation, call (410) 788-0005.
If you are looking for a home for sale in Catonsville, MD, Prudential Homesale YWGC Realty is ready to help. Contact a local Catonsville real estate expert for help and professional advice.