Owings Mills, Maryland is home to a wide variety of things to do and places to eat. The restaurants span from chain restaurant favorites to American bistros to international cuisine including Japanese, Italian, Chinese and more. If you're having a tough time deciding what kind of food you want to eat, then stop in at the Artful Gourmet Bistro where the diverse food choices – from Mediterranean to American to Latin to Caribbean - are only one of the reasons that the Baltimore Sun named it one of the 50 Best Country Restaurants in 2011.
The Artful Gourmet has several service styles to accommodate every type of diner in Owings Mills MD. During busy workday hours, the restaurant serves its guests casually at the counter. Place your order and take your food with you – either to a table to enjoy or with you to go. As dinner time approaches, the waitstaff is deployed so you may sit and enjoy a full-service meal. Throughout lunch and dinner the bar area also offers full-service dining as well.
The Bistro also has a carefully selected wine list to complement every meal. The staff is knowledgeable and can assist with pairings that will fit both your meal and your budget. There is also a full bar with several beers on tap so a complete experience can be expected.
- Appetizers. Varied choices include Shrimp Gorgonzola served in a wine sauce with focaccia and Rivera Tortilla Dip served with avocado, roasted corn, cilantro and tri-color tortilla chips.
- Salads. Meatless options include the Cassatt Salad with spinach, strawberries, and pecans tossed in a champagne dressing and the House Salad with gorgonzola vinaigrette. There are several other choices that include fish and chicken such as the Abstract Salad with blackened salmon, the Romanesque Salad with grilled tuna, and the Santa Fe Miro Salad with chicken.
- Lunch Menu. The lunch menu is geared towards faster service without sacrificing quality or flavor. Entrees include Moroccan-style Tahiri chicken, a classic paella and several pasta choices. Panini and gourmet sandwich choices range from the simple Rousseau with tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella to the delectable Rembrandt with blackened salmon, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and pesto on foccacia. Several wraps are also available and the locals advise not to leave without an order of the sweet potato fries.
- Dinner Menu. Each dinner at The Bistro is crafted to be a masterpiece. Seafood options include the grilled salmon Mona Lisa, traditional paella Last Supper, grilled salmon Raphael and the jumbo crabcake Maryland Masterpiece. Chicken dishes include Moroccan Tahiri, the Da Vinvi and the Vermeer. For something different, try the lamp chops Masaccio in an orange-balsamic reduction, and vegetarians can enjoy the eggplant Pieta in a vodka sauce with seasonal vegetables.
Catering and Occasions at The Artful Gourmet
No matter what your occasion in Owings Mills MD, the Artful Gourmet has dining options that will meet your needs. The full menu is available for carry out at any time of day, and most of the menu items can be purchased as party trays or heated pans for large groups. Corporate catering is available with delivery within a 5-mile radius, and the Private Dining Room inside the restaurant can seat up to 45 guests and includes a custom menu and dining experience. Don't forget about the outside patio for casual dining with friends and family.
Hours and Location
- 9433 Common Brook Road, Suite 103, Owings Mills, MD
- Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner and Sunday for dinner only.
- Reservations: (410) 356-2606, Carryout: (410) 356-2606, Events Planning: (443) 608-2755