What is the first thing that you think of when someone mentions the historic community of Lancaster, PA? Maybe it's the quiet, peaceful serenity of the community, the unique charms of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, or the fact that you won't find a better place than Lancaster to spend a day (or a week... or a month) shopping for antiques.
It's fitting, then, Lancaster has also worked to preserve so many of the things that make living here such a special experience. There is no better example than the beautiful, covered bridges you'll find throughout the Lancaster area, including the Landis Mill Covered Bridge. Our REALTORS® in Lancaster have seen the sights, and we're excited to introduce you to one of the area's iconic landmarks.
Preserving the Past & Enjoying the Present in Lancaster
Lancaster is the sort of community where you can never walk around a corner without running into a unique bit of local history, which is part of the reason Lancaster homes are so popular. The Amish have long made a home in Lancaster, preserving traditions over the centuries, and visitors come from across the country to enjoy this peaceful community. The Landis Mill Covered Bridge, which can be found at Little Conestoga Creek, is a perfect example of preserving the past, in order to create a bright future.
- The Landis Mill Covered Bridge – The Landis Mill Covered Bridge was built in 1869, and has been preserved ever since, serving as both a transit point and a beautiful piece of the surrounding scenery. The price to build the bridge checked in at less than $1,000, so it's safe to say that investment went a long way.
- Bridges throughout Lancaster – The Landis Mill Covered Bridge is a favorite stop, and it's far from the only covered bridge that you will find in Lancaster, PA. In fact, a total of 29 covered bridges have been preserved in the Lancaster area, so you will have plenty of sights to see. Set up a picnic near the peaceful, meandering waters of a local creek, or take a stroll the the countryside enjoying covered bridges along the way.
- History and Fun in Lancaster – Local history is such a big part of life in Lancaster, and preserving all of that history requires effort from the community. All of that effort is on full display at the Lancaster Campus of History, which combines a sleek, modern building with a deep appreciation of Lancaster history. Stop by to enjoy an event, take in a lecture, or just tour the beautiful facility at your leisure.
- History in Action – In addition to the Lancaster Campus of History, the Lancaster Historical Society works hard to preserve landmarks throughout the area. History can be found around every corner in Lancaster, PA, and it is a labor of love to make sure that future generations can visit the same fascinating community that we all enjoy today.
- Loving Life in Lancaster – No matter how you choose to enjoy the community, there's no doubt that you'll find many reasons to love living in Lancaster, PA. From local history to great food and friendly neighbors, you'll find it all in Lancaster.
Are you ready to find your next home in a scenic, welcoming community filled with fun activities for the whole family? Contact BHHS Homesale Realty to buy and sell homes throughout the Lancaster, PA area.