Baltimore is a waterfront community at heart, and that means summer will always be one of the best seasons to enjoy all that the city has to offer. For the adults in the family, that might mean enjoying an outdoor meal with drinks by the water, exploring the city's historic neighborhoods, or splurging on a day of shopping at Baltimore's unique businesses. For the kids, Baltimore's many summer camps provide structured, all-day fun in a safe setting. There are a ton of camps to choose from around the city, whether your kids love the arts, sports, or simply socializing with new friends.
Summer in the City: Baltimore's Best Summer Camps for Kids
Homes in Baltimore put you in close proximity to world-class dining, entertainment, and athletics, so it's no surprise that the city's summer camps offer a diverse mix of activities. If you're looking for fun ways to spend a day in the city, check out our guide for things to do in Baltimore. If you're looking for long-term options to keep the kids busy during the summer, Baltimore more than has you covered:
- KidsRock Summer Camp – Looking for the classic summer camp experience for your kids? KidsRock Summer Camp is all about fun, growth, and adventure. There are field trips to fun destinations around Maryland throughout the summer, along with a busy schedule of events every day at camp. KidsRock Camps begin as soon as the school year ends, and run until late August.
- Camp Rock – With camps running throughout the summer schedule, Camp Rock is big on outdoor fun. Kids can expect busy days swimming, exploring trails, playing sports, creating crafts, and building new friendships. This is a great camp for your kids if you work a heavy schedule in the summer, because camp runs every weekday from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm. Tutoring and academic programs are also available at Camp Rock.
- Coppermine Fieldhouse – Coppermine Summer Camps are available for children from four to 14 years of age, and when we say there's a summer camp here for every interest, we mean it. There are camps for swimming, equestrian, soccer, sailing, lacrosse, baseball, and even a camp centered entirely on taking field trips. Both week-long and multi-week programs are offered, with discounts available if you enroll your children for more than one week.
- Children's Playhouse of Maryland – The Children's Playhouse of Maryland has developed one of the most popular summer camps in the city for artistic children. At this camp, your kids will learn what it takes to stage a performance from start to finish. Kids get to work through auditions, casting, rehearsals, and all of the behind-the-scenes necessities of staging a show. It all culminates in a live performance that is as fun for the parents as it is for the kids on stage.
- Camp Invention – A nationwide program, Camp Invention visits multiple locations around Baltimore each summer. Camp Invention is a non-profit program that inspires kids to create, discover, and experiment. The goal of this camp is to make learning fun, and the program is put together by members of the National Inventors Hall of Fame. Children here enjoy creative, challenging activities in the morning and afternoon, with plenty of time for play, fun, and making new friendships in between.
Still searching for the perfect Baltimore home? Our REALTORS® in Baltimore are here to help with all of your real estate needs. Contact us to buy, sell, and learn about homes in beautiful Baltimore, MD.