Fells Point Neighborhood Where History and Innovation Go Hand-in-Hand
Fells Point may not be Baltimore's biggest neighborhood, but it sure feels that way when you walk its historic streets. For one, Fells Point is full of successful businesses, and the dynamic people who help those businesses thrive. Many of Fells Point's most popular local businesses have been serving the city for generations, and fit seamlessly into the fabric of Baltimore just like the neighborhood's gorgeous historic homes. Kali's Court, one of the most popular dining spots in Fells Point, is one great example, and it may have a new look by the next time you go there.
Kali's Court is being rebranded as the Fells Point Tavern, and its new appearance gives us the perfect excuse to take a closer look at the businesses – and people – that make Fells Point special.
Before we get into the changes, we should note that while Kali's Court is getting a new look, it won't be getting a new owner. The Keramidas family, which has overseen the business for a generation, will still be in charge, so you can still expect excellent service, a welcoming atmosphere, and some of the best meals in the city. So let's take a closer look at the new Fells Point Tavern, and how the rest of the neighborhood is evolving to accommodate its diverse, successful residents.
- While Kali's Court had a more upscale, dining-room type feel, Fells Point Tavern, located at 1606 Thames Street, is expected to be a bit more laid back. There will be live music most nights, an impressive collection of local craft beer on tap, and bistro-style food that's sure to be some of the best in the city.
- The changes to Kali's Court are being driven by the younger generation of the Keramidas family, but don't confuse youth for a lack of experience. The Keramidas kids have been working at their father's highly successful restaurants ever since they've been old enough to see over the counter.
- Youth is a common theme in the recent growth of Fells Point, and success rarely follows far behind. Fells Point has become an especially popular home for skilled young professionals, thanks to its many dining spots, great nightlife, and thriving small business scene.
- The most interesting thing about Fells Point is the way that youth and history blend together. This is a place where successful young professionals come to live among centuries-old buildings, classic homes, and cobblestone side-streets. No matter where you turn, you're looking at a piece of Baltimore's history.
- If we're talking about timeless appeal, few sights make more of a lasting impression than a gorgeous waterfront view, framed by the harbor of a historic city. With a waterfront setting on the Patapsco River and a short walk to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point really does encapsulate the best of Baltimore living.
- Before we go, a final note about the new Fells Point Tavern which fits perfectly with our outdoor, historic theme. The Tavern is expected to make more extensive use of the building's existing courtyard space, so you'll be able to stroll up, grab a table, and enjoy an outdoor meal with some of Baltimore's finest food. Just one more perk of living in Fells Point.
Ready to find your next home in one of Baltimore's hottest neighborhoods? Contact our team of REALTORS® in Baltimore to shop for homes in Fells Point, MD, and learn first-hand what makes this such a special neighborhood.