Merry Making for Your Family's Holiday Calendar.
When the holidays arrive, the best sights and sounds of the season are found in Lancaster, PA. Twinkling lights, sparkling decorations and heartwarming, family traditions all make our city a truly special place to call home.
Here is our list of the "10 Best "Christmassy" Things to Do in Lancaster, PA."
- Downton Lancaster Tree Lighting – Lancaster begins our holiday season with the Mayor's Tree Lighting in Penn Square on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Tuba Christmas and extended evening hour for Central Market add to the fun. See Santa Claus come to town, experience jaw-dropping awe with lighting of the City's Christmas tree, start your shopping and hum a few carols. Throughout the month of December, over 30 holiday events and activities will be held in the businesses around Penn Square, while horse drawn carriage rides can help get you into the holiday spirit.
- The Miracle of Christmas - Head to Sight and Sound Theater to see their seasonal production Miracle of Christmas. Celebrate Christ's birth in his live-action drama that will help put a face behind the classic account of the first Christmas.
- Shop Gallery Row - Head to North Prince Street to shop "Gallery Row" for your holiday shopping. Pick up paintings and sculptures from local artists to give as gifts, or shop for holiday artwork to decorate your home.
- 2015 Christmas Show - The American Music Theater is a holiday tradition for Lancaster families with its Christmas Show. The 2015 Christmas Show: Deck the Halls, provides a magical musical Christmas performance ideal for the entire family. The show includes both fresh and traditional Christmas songs to provide a festive touch to the season.
- Dutch Winter Wonderland - At Christmas the Dutch Wonderland is decked out in its holiday finest. Themed rides, Santa, holiday treats and a light show entertain the entire family. Dutch Winter Wonderland is open weekends starting in mid-November and through the end of December.
- Strasburg Rail Road Holiday Trains - Head to the Strasburg Rail Road to ride the rails with Santa and the elves. Several holiday trains offer a different experience for your family. For young kids, choose Santa's Paradise Express or the Night Before Christmas trains. As you travel on the holiday train, Santa will visit with your kids and, if they are 11 or younger, provide them with a gift. Get your picture taken, and then head back to the station to hear holiday stories read. Adults may enjoy the Christmas Feast dining train experience.
- Strasburg Heritage Society Annual Tour of Homes - Tour 10 homes decked out in their holiday glory in and around Strasburg in the annual tour of homes. Not only will you get to see the holiday displays, but you will also have the chance to see what preservation and restoration looks like in these historic properties.
- Find Your Belsnickle Christmas Tour - Lancaster County is filled with adorable bed and breakfasts and inns that take Christmas seriously. Come hungry, because each inn will have a Christmas treat available to sample.
- National Christmas Center - Explore the magic, history and traditions of Christmas at the National Christmas Center. This 20,000 square foot museum is dedicated to all things Christmas. Santa himself is there during the holiday season.
- A Christmas Story the Musical - Watch your favorite Christmas show come to life in a hilarious musical comedy experience at the Dutch Apple Theatre. A Christmas Story The Musical will be performed through December 23.
Lancaster, PA is a city that truly embraces the holiday spirit. Why not embrace the area for yourself with a new home in Lancaster? Contact Berkshire Hathaway Homesale Realty today to start your search for homes in Lancaster, PA.