Protecting Your New Home Purchase
How to Protect Your Investment
There are several ways to help support a trouble-free home purchase:
- Begin looking for homeowner's insurance as soon as the agreement of sale has been accepted. Not all insurance companies insure all types of properties. For example, some carriers won't insure a property with a flat roof, others do. If you wait too long to find home insurance and run into any difficulties, you may not be able to get insurance in time and this may negatively impact your ability to close. Homesale Insurance Services offers homeowner's and auto insurance.
- A written property disclosure statement from the seller will reveal any problems with the house and the surrounding area that you need to know about.
- A Professional inspection can reveal structural, roof, termite and other problems with the property that the seller will need to remedy.
- A home warranty can give you peace of mind by providing repair-or-replace coverage of major home operating systems and appliances.
- A preliminary title report informs you of any problems with the property’s title and a policy of title insurance protects your rights to the property.
- A walk-through before closing will allow you to make sure all required work has been taken care of and that the property is ready to become yours.